No matter how hard you resist, you’ll always lose the fight against hair loss. Two thirds of men will experience significant hair thinning by age 35, according to the American Hair Loss Association (AHLA). And by age 50, 85 percent of men have thinning hair or are bald.
Whether you accept the fate of your follicles or not, figuring out how to style your hair when there’s less of it takes finesse, and a lot of guys get it all wrong. So let’s check out the most common mistakes men make.
Overdosing on Product
We see this time and time again. Too much hair product will weigh your hair down and make it look stringy — a style to avoid when you’re thinning. Try using a product that will make your hair look fuller rather than separated. You can use a cream, clay, or paste which works best for this. Gel and pomade, however, will cause separation and draw more attention to your thinning hair. So definitely try to avoid those!
Adding Length to Make Up for Volume
This may sound like a good idea at first, but no, it’s not. Longer strands can cover up those balding areas and no one will ever know, right? But just like your dad’s old comb-over, everyone does know, and it doesn’t look good.
Hair tends to thin on top of the head first, rather than all over, so a lot of men make the common mistake of growing it longer on the sides and back to do the famous but ugly “comb over”. Trust us, this only makes your hair loss more apparent.
The cleaner your hair is, believe it or not, the thinner it makes it look.
Many shampoos and conditioners contain harsh chemicals that can damage and dry out your hair if they’re overused. So that means daily shampooing can strip your hair of the natural oils.
Healthy hair is coated in a thin layer of natural oil produced by your scalp. This protects the core and reflects light, giving that classic shiny look and feel. If your hair and scalp become dry, these oils will disappear, leaving you with hair that’s dry, brittle, and more liable to fall out. Wash your hair once every 2-3 days to avoid hair loss because of harsh shampoos or over use.
Misuse of the Blow Dryer
For those who hit the gym in the middle of the day. Or just likes the volume a blow dryer gives to their style- proceed with caution! Holding a dryer too close to your roots will suck the moisture right out of the strands, giving them a wispy appearance that just looks horrible.
With thinning hair, it’s always best to blow dry using a round brush. Grab hair at the roots with the brush, then slowly rotate it as you run the dryer over the top. This will help to add volume and create more fullness to their thinning hair.
Parting your hair in the Middle
Because men lose their hair on top first, a center-part only succeeds at making thinning hair look thinner. On the other hand, “trying to force a side part with a cowlick will never work either.
Regardless of how thick or thin your hair is, a lot has to do with the natural way your hair falls, which is different for everyone.
Bad looking Toupees & Transplants
Products like Propecia can slow hair loss, and today’s transplant results show promise — though they’re not permanent and cost thousands per visit.
- When it comes to Toupees there’s the appearance factor. While some toupees may kind of be passable to look like natural hair, the majority are less convincing, meaning people will always notice that you’re wearing a toupee to hide thinning or baldness.
- Hair transplantation may appear to be the best solution for people losing their hair. To many others, it brings to mind images of unattractive hair plugs. To many men who have gone through hair transplant, it evokes thoughts of disappointment and frustration. Why?
- By not achieving the results they wanted
- Expensive repeat sessions
- Continued loss of hair that they invested so much money to have implanted.
- According to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) practice census, of men who’ve had hair transplants, 64% were disappointed with their hair density after their procedure.
- Limitations of Hair Transplants
- Limited amount of hairs genetically resistant to hair loss in the donor area.
- Particular to follicular unit extraction (FUE) surgery, donor hairs can be taken from outside the genetically resistant area which will continue to thin and eventually be lost
- Large bald areas that patients desire to have covered cannot be transplanted to full coverage
- Insufficient density of transplanted hair
- The need for repeat hair transplants due to continued hair loss (Hair transplant does not stop hair thinning)
How to just fix the balding and grooming mistakes with a better look!
Thankfully, there is a hair loss solution for Jacksonville, Florida Men that does not require medication, harsh shampoos or surgery. We’re talking about the Man Hair, Hair Replacement System.
Not only is this a non-surgical solution that looks totally natural looking, (because it’s 100% human hair) but it’s also completely undetectable to the eye and to the touch.
Your Man Hair unit can be cut, colored and styled to your liking by one of our professional stylists so you’ll never have to worry about making those grooming mistakes again.
You can also sleep, shower, swim and be active with your Man Hair Replacement system- without ever having to worry about it coming off!
In fact, your unit can last as long as 6 months to a year depending on the individual’s lifestyle.
Get in touch with us!
Man Hair is proud to be the leading hair replacement solution in Jacksonville, Florida. If you have questions we have answers! Feel free to ask away by scheduling your free discovery call with us. Or contact us by clicking here to set up your FREE in-home consultation.
Our clients come to us to get their hair back. But, they also come to us for another reason: to get their lives back! Learn more about how we can help you get back to looking and feeling like you again.